Tax Relief


Subscribing members may claim tax relief on subscriptions paid to the College.  There are three different ways of claiming tax relief on your membership fees:

 If you complete a self-assessment tax return, you can claim tax relief from your registration fees on the employment page of the return.

 If you do not file a tax return, you can claim tax relief using form P87: Claim Income Tax relief for your employment expenses (P87) - GOV.UK (

 You can telephone HMRC and ask for relief on your fees. Contact details can be found on the HMRC website: Contact HM Revenue & Customs - GOV.UK (

See the HMRC website for further details, including allowable expenses, eligibility and claiming back tax for past years: Claim tax relief for your job expenses: Overview - GOV.UK (