The CKS provide primary care practitioners with a readily accessible summary of the evidence base and best practice guidance for over 370 topics. These cover 1,000 clinical presentations or patient scenarios, free to access in the UK. These are circulated regularly by email, we will collate them under this tab for ease of reference.
New topics and updates on the site since the start of September 2021 include:
• Allergic rhinitis, Cow’s milk allergy in children, Itch - widespread and Urticaria. Recommendations on use of cetirizine in people with renal impairment have been updated in line with the updated manufacturer's supplementary protection certificates (SPCs).
• Bites – human and animal, Leg ulcer – venous, Prostatitis – acute and Whooping cough. Adverse effects of co-trimoxazole updated in line with revised manufacturer's SPCs relating to the rare problem of severe respiratory toxicity with the potential to progress to Adult respiratory distress syndrome.
• Carpal tunnel syndrome. A new section on specialist assessment and management has been created to provide additional information.
• Chronic kidney disease. New recommendations and advice from NICE Chronic kidney disease guideline August 2021 were included.
• Haemorrhoids. Updated advice on topical preparations for haemorrhoids and re-positioned the role of haemorrhoidal artery ligation in the treatment algorithm.
• Obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome. New information from the NICE Obstructive sleep apnoea/hypopnoea syndrome, and obesity hypoventilation syndrome in over 16s, has been incorporated.