Salary: £45,900 to £53,600 a year
Working pattern: Full-time
Reference number: A0430-21-3343
Job location: Sandal Castle Medical Centre, Asdale Rd, Wakefield, West Yorkshire, WF2 7PJ
The closing date is 10th October 2021.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the employment of an ACP Paramedic to join Conexus Healthcare Ltd. The Paramedic will be working within Primary Care, for Trinity Health Group Primary Care Network.
Conexus Healthcare Ltd. is a GP Confederation in Wakefield. In addition to national training, and local clinical services, Conexus provides support to local PCNs by hosting staff and supplying services such as HR and accountancy. The successful candidate will be an employee of Conexus Healthcare Ltd. However, their work will be practice-based under the direction of the clinical director(s) and the host practices.
You will be working across all practices within the PCN, as part of the PCN Team. There is an expectation of autonomous working, however, collaboration within practices and the wider PCN team is a key part of the role. The aim being to provide patient-focused care responsive to health need.
Main duties of the job
The role of the ACP Paramedic is key to the development of our PCNs. The ACP will provide the first point of contact and direct access for patients of all ages with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems seeking a primary health care service including on-call, telephone triage, face-to-face consultations, and home visits.
As part of the role, the ACP will also be involved in the training and mentoring of other healthcare professionals, including trainee ACPs.
Whilst this is not an Agenda for Change contract, this role is eligible for the NHS Pension Scheme.
Primary Care Networks (PCN) are groups of GP practices working closely together - along with other healthcare staff and organisations - providing integrated services to the local population. Trinity Health Group is situated in the west of Wakefield providing healthcare services to around 50,000 patients. The member Practices use a collaborative approach including the use of additional roles to strengthen communities and reduce inequalities in health. The additional roles are key to the PCNs achieving the IIF targets from the Network Contract Directed Enhanced Service.
We currently host a number of Additional Roles across three PCNs, such as Pharmacists, Pharmacy Technicians, and Care Coordinators. There are plans for Nursing Associates and Trainee Nursing associates and paramedics to join within the next year. Social prescribing and First Contact Practitioners are provided by outside organisations.
To work with the practice team in providing patient-focused care responsive to health need.
To work in partnership with the practice in developing the role further.
To provide the first point of contact direct access for patients of all ages with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problems seeking a primary health care service including on-call, telephone triage, face to face consultations, and home visits.
To assess and manage patients with undifferentiated and undiagnosed health care needs including investigating, treating, and referring patients as appropriate.
Prescribe and review appropriate medications in accordance with local policies and evidence-based medical practice and work collaboratively with the wider team to support patients and promote medication adherence.
To order investigations, follow-up results, and arrange appropriate management including seeking advice where appropriate.
To work with a multidisciplinary team including community and voluntary sector to improve patient care.
Actively take a personalised care approach and population centred care approach to enable shared decision making with the presenting person.
Please refer to the full Job Description and Person Specification. This can be downloaded.
• Autonomous practitioner
• Highly motivated
• Collaborative worker
• Driving licence and access to a car to carry out home visits
• Clinical leadership skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to communicate difficult messages to patients and families
• Negotiation and conflict management skills
• Change management.
• Resource management
• Management of patients with complex needs
• Advanced clinical practice
• Management of patients with complex needs
• Clinical examination
• Accountability of own role and other roles
• Local and national health policy
• Wider health economy
• Clinical governance issues
• Patient group directions and associated policy
• Knowledge of public health issues
• Able to identify determinants of health in the area.
• Knowledge of public health issues in the area
• Management of patients with long-term conditions
• Knowledge of the Primary Care Environment
• Good working knowledge of SystmOne/EMIS.
• Minimum 2 years post-registration experience
• Competent management of minor ailments
• Compiling protocols and clinical guidelines
• Leadership in quality initiatives such as clinical benchmarking
• Leading a team
• Teaching and mentorship in a clinical setting
• Project management
• Working with community development initiatives
• Health-needs assessment
• Telephone triage / consultations
• Recent primary and community experience
• Experience working with patients with learning disabilities.
• Working towards Post Graduate Degree Qualification in Paramedic Science, Clinical Practice or equivalent qualification, with evidence of academic study.
• Registered Healthcare Practitioner
• Working towards an Independent prescribing qualification
• Attained Post Graduate Degree Qualification in Paramedic Science, Clinical Practice, or equivalent qualification, with evidence of academic study.
• Teaching/mentorship qualification.
• Independent prescribing qualification
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
Applicants must have current UK professional registration. For further information please see NHS Careers website (opens in a new window).
Conexus Healthcare Ltd
Sandal Castle Medical Centre
More info: Job Advert (jobs.nhs.uk)