Retrieval transfer organisation
Job Title: Medical Case Manager
Place of Work: AIG Travel, Brighton UK
What does your job include?
We have a global medical team, which enables us to deliver travel medical assistance over the phone to our customers around the clock. All medical assistance is overseen by our Global Medical Director based in Houston, Texas. Under his direction we also have Regional Medical Directors, based in Kuala Lumpur and the United Kingdom, as well as physicians in Houston, the United Kingdom, China and Kuala Lumpur. Because our centres are fully integrated from a systems perspective, we work as a true “virtual” team. A case opened in one centre can be fully accessed and managed by a physician, paramedic or nurse in another. My role is to help clients address their medical needs with expediency and expert care when they are travelling away from home.
This can involve anything from:
• In-patient and out-patient medical case monitoring
• Working with the local treating medical team to ensure the best medical outcome for our customer
• Planning medical repatriations in accordance to Aviation Medicine and International Travel Guidelines
• Coordinating Emergency medical evacuation transportation assistance such as Air Ambulance evacuations
• Interacting with the customer or their family in relation to their medical assistance case or medical condition
• Arranging admissions in destination country following the repatriation or evacuation