Do you want to make a difference and be part of a vibrant and inclusive organisation that has been helping save lives for more than a century? As one of the country’s best-loved charities, St John Ambulance played a pivotal role in responding to the pandemic as well as ‘everyday’ health emergencies, training, supporting communities, and improving young people’s lives.
Fantastic opportunity for a Clinical Educator to deliver clinical education across all parts of St John Ambulance. This key and important role will include delivering essential education to our emergency ambulance crew, ambulance care assistant, community responder products, and supporting ambulance crews. This role requires you to provide clinical coaching and assessment on the job during service delivery.
We pride ourselves in being a great place to work, providing a supportive culture with opportunities to grow and develop your career, achieve a healthy work life balance and to be recognised for the great work you do. The role benefits from a competitive salary, generous pension, hybrid, flexible working, 33 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) - increasing to 38 days over 5 years, options to buy and sell holiday, free first/mental aid first aider courses, Blue Light and NHS online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme, life assurance, flu jab, eye care, mental health and wellbeing tools and volunteering days.
Please see the job description for more detail (this can be viewed on our website or once you click apply).
- Registered health care professional, with a preference in emergency care
- Experience in identifying training needs, customer needs and organisational need
- Experience in training delivery that meets the needs of a diverse and multi-located workforce
- Proven experience in working with a diverse and multi-located customer base
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
About The Role:
- 1 Full Time Role/2 Part Time (50%) or Job Share (alternatively this could be 1 Full Time)
- Provide education, clinical advice and guidance to St John people
- Work with the community operations training team in the development of educational products to meet core and developmental opportunities to fulfil the requirements of St John Ambulance strategies
- Ensure high-quality delivery of clinical education and training
- Maintain student, course, programme records as required by awarding bodies and St John Ambulance policies
- Monitor student performance in all aspects of training, ensuring that they comply with awarding body, registrant body and professional body requirements
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a team of over 1,700 employees and over 30,000 volunteers, united by our goal of saving lives through essential first aid services, training and campaigning. As a charity with rich heritage and a long history of serving humanity, we are proud of our past and excited about creating a healthier, safer, more resilient future.
St John Ambulance works at the heart of communities, supporting and enabling them to access and receive physical and mental health first aid. We do this through developing and providing effective community response and outreach services (e.g. Ambulance response, Falls response, Night Time Economy and Homelessness outreach) and using our longstanding expertise to empower people with vital clinical skills and the confidence to use them (e.g. our Volunteers and Community Advocates, NHS Cadets and Young Responders programmes).
Please apply at the earliest opportunity as applications are reviewed and shortlisted on a rolling basis and we reserve the right to interview, appoint and close adverts early due to the volume of applications we receive.
Find out more about us, including our new Ask Me campaign, at www.sja.org.uk
If you are a current St John Ambulance employee, please apply here: Click here
For all other candidates, or St John Ambulance volunteers wishing to apply: please click here
St John Ambulance are committed to increasing the diversity of our team and making sure we best reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. At St John, everyone is valued and supported to thrive, we have several networks including Multi Culture, Disability and Accessibility, Pride, Family and Carers and Women’s groups. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination and engender a sense of belonging for all, by creating an environment of mutual respect, where we value unique differences and demonstrate authentic allyship. We believe passionately in equality, diversity and inclusion.
Please note: St John does not accept speculative CVs and will only review CVs sent in application for an advertised vacancy.
Recruitment Agencies: We are not utilising the services of recruitment agencies for this vacancy and will accept direct applications only.