Thank you for your interest, this event has now closed for bookings.
Mind Over Mountains – A Wellbeing Retreat
We are delighted to offer this opportunity to full members of the College as part of the Rejuvenate. Thrive. Breathe. (RTB) paramedic wellness programme.
Facilitated by our colleagues at Mind Over Mountains, the wellness retreat is a three-day bespoke offering for full members of the College of Paramedics, and will be held 22nd - 24th June 2022, in the beautiful setting of the Peak District. The retreat is an opportunity for those members who are finding life tough and feel that their mental health is being impacted.
The retreat is particularly suited to those members who are 'surviving' or 'struggling' as identified by using the mental health continuum. These may be members who are feeling burned out, exhausted, anxious, of low mood, have experienced trauma, or are affected by a difficult life event such as loss/ bereavement.
The event will allow time for rejuvenation, reflection and relaxation. Two days of hiking are included along with counselling, coaching and mindfulness input, to enhance your psychological wellbeing. Accommodation and food are provided, however, members will need to make their own transportation arrangements to and from the event location. The team at Mind Over Mountains can facilitate pick-up from local train stations, if required.
Core components of the retreat
• A safe and confidential space with time out for relaxation, reflection and to recharge, away from the stresses of our hectic daily lives.
• Two days' hill-walking in and around the beautiful Hope Valley, Peak District (approx. 8 - 10 miles)
• Access to mindfulness and meditation sessions - to release stress and worry
• Access to counsellors and life-coaches before, during and after the retreat
• An evening talk from an inspirational adventurer or mental health advocate
• Optional yoga session on the second morning
Other core information
• 2 nights dormitory-style accommodation at Lockerbrook Farm
• All meals included from a nutritious plant-based menu and cooked fresh, onsite by our resident chef (2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners)
• Only 18 places available.
• Dates: 22nd - 24th June 2022
• Start Time: 18:00 on day one
• Finish Time: 16:00 on day three
• Personal clothing/equipment (kit lists will be provided)
• Travel to and from Lockerbrook Farm (we can help arrange car-sharing)
How to use the MH continuum: https://aace.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/Mental-Health-Continuum-Final-How-to.pdf
MH Continuum visual aid: https://aace.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Mental-Health-Continuum-Final-Visual_.pdf
This event is open to Full members of the College of Paramedics only
and we have limited places of 18. If you register and then are unable to attend please let us know as soon as possible so we can fill your place with someone on the waiting list.
Please note once you have registered to attend the retreat you will receive a form for completion. The information on this form will be shared with Lockerbrook Farm Outdoor Centre and is a registration requirement.
Please note places are extremely limited, and will be granted on a first come, first served basis. The closing date for registration is 30th May 2022.
Even though this is a free event you will still need to go through the ticket purchasing process.
When purchasing your ticket please ensure you click the 'proceed to checkout' button and 'complete the order' to ensure your booking on this event. You will receive a confirmation email on receipt of your booking. Email email@example.com
if you need any additional support.
For more information on the retreat providers Mind over Mountains please click here
or visit https://mindovermountains.org.uk/