e-Dementia e-learning programme updated with new sessions
The Health Education England e-Learning for Healthcare programme about dementia care has been designed to enhance the training and education of the health and care workforce. It focuses on the essential knowledge and skills needed to support and enable people living with dementia and their family carers to live as well as possible, wherever they live. e-Dementia will also be of interest to those responsible for training and educating the health and care workforce. It can be used in a variety of ways including as part of induction; to structure reflective practice with individual staff and teams; for self-paced learning; and to revisit as a form of refresher training. Sessions include:
- Dementia awareness
- Person-centred dementia care
- Dementia identification, assessment and diagnosis
- Communication, interaction and behaviour in dementia care
- Pharmacological interventions in dementia care
- Law, ethics and safeguarding in dementia care
- End of life dementia care
- Research and evidence-based practice in dementia care
- Leadership in transforming dementia care
And much more…..For more information about the e-Dementia programme and for details of how to access please visit: https://www.e-lfh.org.uk/programmes/dementia/.
The e-learning is also available via the e-LfH Hub and the NHS Electronic Staff Record (ESR).