We are pleased to let you know that our antimicrobial resistance (AMR) training resources guide is now available to access on our website.
As part of our work (HEE 2016) we stated we would “explore developing a guide to learning materials for antimicrobial resistance and infection, that signposts prescribers and other staff to available educational sessions that will help support learning in the system”.
The purpose of this guide is to promote available learning on the management of infective states, infection prevention and control, antimicrobial resistance and antimicrobial stewardship by:
1. Signposting educational materials available to health workers and students.
2. Providing a centralised resource portal to educators on supporting learners.
3. Supporting commissioning, regulatory and quality improvement teams (including infection prevention and control and antimicrobial management teams) by highlighting available educational resources to improve practice.
4. Encouraging learners to access available learning sessions to support their learning needs.
5. Highlighting learning sessions that can be embedded within clinical training pathways.
We would encourage you to raise awareness of this resource guide within your organisations and networks.
Friendly URL: www.hee.nhs.uk/antimicrobialresistance
For further information please contact Mohamed Sadak (Clinical Lead and Programme Manager, Antimicrobial Resistance and Sepsis) email@example.com
Professor Ged Byrne, Director of Global Engagement, Health Education England
Professor Lisa Bayliss-Pratt, Director of Nursing and Regional Director for London and the South East, Health Education England