Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Paramedic Science
Full Time, Permanent – Academic
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Paramedic Science Team at Oxford Brookes University teaching learners on our innovative BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science and FdSc Paramedic Emergency Care programmes.
We wish to recruit a degree educated paramedic to develop our delivery of the programmes, undertaking a particular focus upon delivery of learners practice based education with our health and social care partner organisations.
You will have responsibilities according to the appointed role but these include delivery of teaching and learning activities to pre-registration Paramedic Science students at undergraduate level using appropriate materials and methods in these key areas:
- To teach students using appropriate instruction methods and supervise student assignments;
- To mark and assess students work, including clinical assessments;
- To contribute as part of the teaching team to the design and implementation of written course materials, guides; the design, development and implementation of clinical skills teaching resources and opportunities for simulated learning;
- To participate in the administrative processes of the institution including committee and working groups, quality assurance procedures, recruitment and admission of students (such as visits and open days);
- To provide support and educational advice for students and to signpost them to other means of support;
- To participate in staff development and appraisal processes and in service training.
The successful candidate will have:
- A first degree (BSc (Hons)) and current Paramedic Registration with the HCPC for a lecturer post; along with a MSc degree for appointment as a Senior Lecturer
- Experience of writing reports and educational material with some experience of teaching/supervising students during clinical practice.
The University has adopted equality, diversity and inclusion as core values. We welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates whatever their background, and especially from BAME candidates who are under-represented in our workforce.
Salary: £35,211 rising to £38,460 Senior Lecturer £40,792 rising to £50,132
Closing Date: 18 February 2019