Point-of-Care Ultrasound Course for Healthcare Professionals
Point-of-Care ultrasound (PoCUS) is the name given to ultrasound used in the acute care setting. Such ultrasound can be used to aid clinical evaluation and guide practical procedures. This has been advocated by many national bodies.
This full day workshop covers the common uses of Ultrasound in contemporary pre-hospital and hospital practice. It is suitable for:
- All healthcare professionals
- OPAs/ODPs and anaesthetic nurses
Content will include:
- Ultrasound in assessing the sick and injured patient
- Getting quick vascular access when your patient is shut down
- Using ultrasound in a cardiac arrest situation
- Spotting a pneumothorax
We will teach you the basics, show you lots of examples and get you hands on scanning.
Nemus are offering members of the College of Paramedics a 10% discount on this course. The discount can be found on our Member Discounts page here and should be entered at checkout.
Non Members: £90
Start Date: 20th June 2019
Finish Date: 20th June 2019