AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support Provider Course
Emergency and Medical Training Group Ltd
The ACLS course is aimed at Paramedics, Physicians and Nurses interested in increasing or consolidating their knowledge in acute cardiovascular care. This course provides the AHA Provider qualification in ACLS which is widely accepted and recognised around the world. It is an essential qualification when seeking work in the USA, the Middle East or many US companies overseas.
The course is being taught by 2 Italian Cardiac Consultants, Stefano Avondo and Giulio Padovani over 2 days.
Upon successful completion of the course, students should be able to:
• Apply the Basic Life Support (BLS), Primary and Secondary Assessment sequences for a systematic evaluation of adult patients
• Perform prompt, high quality BLS, including prioritising early chest compressions and integrating early defibrillation use.
• Recognise respiratory arrest
• Perform early management of respiratory arrest
• Discuss early recognition and management of ACS, including appropriate disposition
• Discuss early recognition and management of stroke, including appropriate disposition
• Recognise and manage haemodynamically stable and unstable bradyarrhythmias and tachyarrhythmias that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
• Recognise cardiac arrest
• Perform early management of cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post-cardiac arrest care
• Evaluate resuscitative efforts during a cardiac arrest through continuous assessment of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) quality, monitoring the patient’s physiologic response and delivering real-time feedback to the team
• Model effective communication as a member or leader of a high-performance team
• Recognise the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
• Discuss how the use of a rapid response team or medical emergency team may improve patient outcomes
• Define systems of care
To help you achieve these objectives, the ACLS Provider Course includes practice learning stations and a Megacode evaluation station.
The practice learning stations give you an opportunity to actively participate in a variety of learning activities including:
• Simulated patient scenarios
• Demonstrations by instructors or video
• Discussion and role playing
• Practice in high-performance team behaviours
In these learning stations, you will practice essential skills both individually and as part of a high-performance team. This course emphasises effective team skills as a vital art of the resuscitative effort. You will have the opportunity to practice as a member and as a leader of a high-performance team.
Location:The Academy of Professional Development, Unit B, Knaves Beech Way, Loudwater, HP10 9QY
Price £550.00 (10% discount for College members) includes the eACLS Provider text and online pretest
Contact: email@example.com for further information.
PLEASE NOTE: This is an external event organised by the Emergency and Medical Training Group Ltd . The College of Paramedics is not responsible for the content or quality of the course. Attendance is at the discretion of the organisers and not the College of Paramedics. To find out more information or if you have any questions please contact the organisers directly.
Non Members: £550
Start Date: 15th November 2019
Finish Date: 16th November 2019