Employer: South Gloucestershire and Stroud College
Location: Filton Campus
Hours per week: Two part-time positions available - up to 22.2 hours per week
Salary: Up to £30,933 pro rata per annum
SGS is an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
What SGS can offer you:
- You will become part of the wider SGS family receiving ongoing support for your personal & professional development, which includes a College Course Contribution Voucher of £250 for all staff, 25% tuition discount for immediate family of SGS employees, and up to 75% fee discounts with University of Gloucestershire
- Academic roles benefit significantly by their access to the Teachers Pension Scheme, with generous employer contributions of over 23%
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 39 days per academic year, increasing to 30 days after five full years’ service (plus bank holidays) and a two-week College closure over the Christmas period, plus 6 annual ‘Subject Updating Days’ for Academic staff
- A proven commitment to supporting flexible working practices
- Access to ‘My Lifestyle’ discounted shopping benefits, cycle to work scheme and a Technology Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Free car parking at all campuses
- Free access to the College onsite Gyms
- Access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources
- Subsidised onsite catering services
The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory DBS Enhanced certificate as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College
has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
For more information, please visit https://www.sgscol.ac.uk/
SGS College have an exciting opportunity for a Health & Social Care Lecturer at our Filton campus.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Tutor, plan and deliver on the CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Common Health Conditions
Deliver Level 3 Technical Diploma year 2 in Health and Social Care
Assess work and give feedback to learners verbally and on office teams 365
Support the learners to achieve their qualification in collaboration with other lecturer’s in college
Complete internal quality assurance documents
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
Degree and/or relevant experience in Health & Social Care
Qualified Teacher Status, or willing to work towards
Knowledge of NCFE CACHE
Experience of FE Sector
IQA qualification desirable