Employer: South Gloucestershire and Stroud College
Location: Filton, WISE or Stroud Campus
Hours per week: 37 hours per week & 38 weeks per year
Schedule: Permanent & Term-Time Only
Salary: Up to £29,193 pro rata per annum
SGS is an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Term-Time Only Contracts will incur a salary adjustment if they start after 1st September.
What SGS can offer you:
- You will become part of the wider SGS family receiving ongoing support for your personal & professional development, which includes a College Course Contribution Voucher of £250 for all staff, 25% tuition discount for immediate family of SGS employees, and up to 75% fee discounts with University of Gloucestershire
- Corporate roles benefit significantly by their access to the Local Government Pension Scheme, with generous employer contributions and the resultant access on retirement, to a secure, flexible and generous pension, accessible from the age of 55
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 25 days per academic year (plus bank holidays) and a two-week College closure over the Christmas period
- A proven commitment to supporting flexible working practices
- Access to ‘My Lifestyle’ discounted shopping benefits, cycle to work scheme and a Technology Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Free car parking at all campuses
- Free access to the College onsite Gyms
- Access to a wide variety of external health and wellbeing resources
- Subsidised onsite catering services
The successful candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory DBS Enhanced certificate as a requirement of the job.
South Gloucestershire & Stroud College
has an excellent reputation for delivering further education and work-based programmes in a range of subjects – from business to sport, engineering to media, GCSE’s and A Levels to degree level courses.
Our experienced and passionate staff work hard to help our students achieve their personal challenges and career goals. We are proud of SGS and committed to making the College the best it can be. We are currently working hard to achieve “Outstanding” status after being classified as “Good” in our first inspection.
For more information, please visit https://www.sgscol.ac.uk/
SGS College have an exciting opportunity for a Qualified Nurse, or Qualified Paramedic to join our Additional Learning Support Team, located either at our Filton, WISE or Stroud Campus.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
On call support to college first aiders
Ensure that a clinically effective, high-quality service of medical care and first aid is available to learners
Complete and support care plans & PEEP’s
Deliver support and training to SGS staff
Beneficial Skills & Qualifications
The post holder will require UK nurse or paramedic qualifications and be on the NMC or HCPC register
Experience and knowledge of working with young people
Excellent communication skills